Fuse plug
Last Post 01-11-2008 05:53 PM by ABUDHISETIAWAN. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ABUDHISETIAWANUser is Offline New Poster New Poster Send Private Message Posts:15
--
01-11-2008 05:53 PM

Ok you all..this is a stupid question..but...we have this old angel topper for the Christmas tree and I believe it has blown its fuse...but I cant figure out how to get to the stupid thing...I figure it must be in the plug itself since on teh plug it says "FUSE PLUG"...but I cant get the stupid thing open and there are no arrows or nothing...anyone got one of these things or experience?  I am about to stick a knife and the sucker and rip it open just to go..."OHHHH...so thats how I should have done it....HONEY....go buy another!..."...lol....but thought I would give yah a shot first...

TIA

Bob from NecedahUser is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:1925 Avatar
    --
    01-11-2008 06:42 PM

TIA,

They can be a pain in the a**.

I've seen the fuses, in the plug, accessed in a couple of different ways. The most recent involved little doors, on the outside edges. The door slides up to reveal the fuse......one on each side of the plug.

The other, you need to squeeze the plug blades together and pull. You can usually tell that they have  line or cut around the bottom (blade end) of the plug. You should have to pry gently if it has the little doors.

I know what you are going through, I've got a bunch of light sets that I just can't bring myself to fool with.

Good luck, keep us posted as to your progress

Bob........ Central Wisconsin's most fun guy! Handy member since 3/14/'94
    Central Wisconsin's most fun guy. Sometimes known as The Ringleader or Handyringleader! Life member since 3/14/1994
    jaybirdUser is Offline New Poster New Poster Send Private Message Posts:1
    --
    01-11-2008 06:48 PM

I agree with Bob as i have them to.

The ones i have the door slides towards the blades.

jaybird

scooterdownUser is Offline Senior Poster Senior Poster Send Private Message Posts:7623 Avatar
    --
    01-11-2008 07:18 PM
    ABUDHISETIAWAN

Use a magnifying glass makes it easier to see the lines of  the door.

Need a small screwdriver to open.

Stop the Cry'n and Do some Try'n Club Member Since 01/27/1998 Geneva IL.
    Stop The Cry'n and Do Some Try'n Check the Obvious and Simple First Geneva IL / Gold Canyon AZ Master Life Member/ Member Since 1998
    ABUDHISETIAWANUser is Offline New Poster New Poster Send Private Message Posts:15
    --
    01-12-2008 11:39 AM

Ok fellas...There are no doors on either side of the plug...and if I squeeze the plug it only bends the prongs....lol..oops :) .....  around the prongs are 3 slits....one the outside of each prong and then one in the upper/lower center of the plug (depending on if which way you hold the plug) 

When I flip it over to the back side where another set of lights would plug in...and where the two wires go in...now that looks like it could some how pop off...but i swear I have stuck my knife in that sucker and if i pry any harder its going to bust...and if i pull on those wires anymore they are going to pull off....

Any last thoughts?

ON the plug it states "Fuse Plug 125volt" "TS-A1 UE88246"

scooterdownUser is Offline Senior Poster Senior Poster Send Private Message Posts:7623 Avatar
    --
    01-12-2008 06:14 PM
    ABUDHISETIAWAN

Is the Angel a light?  How do you change the bulb.

Stop the Cry'n and Do some Try'n Club Member Since 01/27/1998 Geneva IL.
    Stop The Cry'n and Do Some Try'n Check the Obvious and Simple First Geneva IL / Gold Canyon AZ Master Life Member/ Member Since 1998
    WoodwizardUser is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:3427 Avatar
    --
    01-12-2008 08:18 PM
    I just had to discard a string of lights with a plug that said 'fused plug'.  I did get it open with a lot of 4 letter words, like ouch. They look like they are made 'not' to be opened. There were no fuses in the plug but there was a fusable link on each wire which cannot be replaced. I suppose with a lot of time you could replace the plug with one that does have replacable fuses, but that seems to be more work than it is worth.

Click to learn more about me.  The Wood Wizard
    --
    Click to learn more about me The Wood Wizard
    SE Wisconsin

Member since 2000

ZIPPERUser is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:2610 Avatar
    --
    01-13-2008 08:16 AM

ABUDHISETIAWAN ,

If that Angel Topper is very important to save, snip the plug off and find another plug from an old or discarded string of lights and install it onto the wires of the Angel.

I'd say you can do without the fused plug all together.

ZIP San Antonio, Texas...[78212 for Map Users]... Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
    Zipper 78212
    PM Zipper !
    You are not authorized to post a reply.