StuffStuff Ain't working
Last Post 04-03-2014 07:27 AM by ChuckJ. 32 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages Informative
craigUser is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:4898 Avatar
--
10-18-2012 11:52 AM
    Using the abbreviated Navy lingo I know...WTF over?!

I've gone through the typical steps...no joy.

Now...one of you mental midgets gimme a call and walk me through this process.  It was easier to launch Tomahawk missiles in the middle east than it is to log-in/register on Stuffstuff.

And lemme tell ya...if ya'll worked for me?  You'd be cleaning heads and beds everyday...or mess-cranking.
    Navy veteran July 1980 - August 2007.
    pcrannelUser is Offline New Poster New Poster Send Private Message Posts:63 Avatar
    --
    10-20-2012 08:13 PM
    It "aint working " on a lot of levels. I got the email and went to the registration site. I stopped when I found the annual fee. One of the benefits of joining and becoming a life member was the FREE test products. Now they want to charge a fee to test products. What's next? Will they charge us postage for the magazine? This and the other "clubs" in the group are circling the drain. 
    American Idol is like The Gong Show except The Gong Show was entertaining.
    Dewey2Me1MoThymeUser is Offline Senior Poster Senior Poster Send Private Message Posts:9817 Avatar
    --
    10-20-2012 09:33 PM
    Posted By pcrannel on 10-20-2012 09:13 PM
    It "aint working " on a lot of levels. I got the email and went to the registration site. I stopped when I found the annual fee. One of the benefits of joining and becoming a life member was the FREE test products. Now they want to charge a fee to test products. What's next? Will they charge us postage for the magazine? This and the other "clubs" in the group are circling the drain. 

If you are a member of hcoa or any of the NAMG clubs there is no charge to join S2.  Read the FAQ at S2.  When one reads a few words and draws a conclusion without reading it all, they are often wrong.  But hey, the less that join, the better my chances of testing the products of my choosing.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    I'm dewing my time in southwest Indiana.
    Useful links below :
    NEW MEMBERS; PLEASE READ FIRST
    also;
    For New Members....

Welcome to the forums!
    TO VISIT MY BLOGSPOT...
    Bob from NecedahUser is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:1925 Avatar
    --
    10-21-2012 12:25 AM
    Craig, et al,

I, too, had much difficulity in trying to get StuffStuff set up. I made repeated attempts and got no where.
    What I did do is send off a blazing e-mail to the StuffStuff administrator(s). Right after that, I was able to set up my log in without any difficulity.
    I'm thinking that my repeated attempts actually locked me out and I need to be "re-set". I'm really not sure about that, but I didn't do anything differently and the log in process went through without a hitch. Yes, it was a day or two later, so perhaps things just 'reset' on their own.

Once I got logged in, I remained that way, meaning I didn't log out. I filled out the profile and actually was notified a few days later that I was getting the slippery something or else to test. I see that several others are getting it too. Not the cordless tool that I wanted, but it is something.

So, hang in there, git 'er done, as one American icon has been known to say
    Central Wisconsin's most fun guy. Sometimes known as The Ringleader or Handyringleader! Life member since 3/14/1994
    AirborneUser is Offline New Poster New Poster Send Private Message Posts:7 Avatar
    --
    11-05-2013 01:44 PM
    What I don't understand is that if you have enough points and the item that you want to test is available with the apply tab, then why don't they just send it to you?
    Dewey2Me1MoThymeUser is Offline Senior Poster Senior Poster Send Private Message Posts:9817 Avatar
    --
    11-05-2013 02:35 PM
    Posted By rswihart on 11-05-2013 02:44 PM
    What I don't understand is that if you have enough points and the item that you want to test is available with the apply tab, then why don't they just send it to you?
    Who gets to test which products is partly based on your profile that you filled out, and partly based on any past product testing history you have (if any) but the ultimate decision comes down to the manufaturer as to who they want to test their product.

Useful links below :
    also;
    For New Members....

Welcome to the forums!
    TO VISIT MY BLOGSPOT...
    ChuckJUser is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:1248 Avatar
    --
    11-06-2013 07:06 AM
    There are thousands of people who want to test dozens of products. You don't just get to test everything you want. You will get some things to test, though. I have been notified and I am currently waiting for my third test product since Stuff Stuff started.
    Professional Jeweler - The guy who gets his hands dirty making jewelry, not the guy who wears a suit and sells jewelry. - - Washington, NJ
    AirborneUser is Offline New Poster New Poster Send Private Message Posts:7 Avatar
    --
    11-06-2013 11:35 AM
    Thank you for the replies. Guess I just need to be patient.
    --
    11-06-2013 08:28 PM
    Posted By rswihart on 11-06-2013 12:35 PM
    Thank you for the replies. Guess I just need to be patient.

Good things come to those that wait it is said.  It took a good many years before I got anything noteworthy to test, but even the small items I did get I put through their paces and filed my reviews and reports diligently.  I guess I must have done something right because in the last 3 years I have received some more noteworthy items to test and keep.  I've tested Keen work boots which I still wear about 3 years ago, a black & decker paint edger, a stain sprayer just a few months ago and am waiting now on an email saying my Haiku Ceiling Fan SKU # /MODEL: A0BC & A0BW is being shipped.  My membership fees have well paid for themselves over the years in test products, but the best part of being a member is the friendships made right here on the forums.
    Useful links below :
    also;
    For New Members....

Welcome to the forums!
    TO VISIT MY BLOGSPOT...
    --
    11-07-2013 07:15 AM
    I am a life member of this club and NAHC and I have received several item from NAHC before they started stuff stuff. I am from Indiana also. But I live in the north central part. I have been enjoying reading the forum for awhile but just recently decided to post. Normally I don't have time to do much on here but since I had surgery I can't do much of anything else. Glad to have you respond and help me.
    --
    11-07-2013 05:00 PM
    Just to update my last post, the ceiling fan arrived today about 5:30 pm, before I even got an email saying it had been shipped. As soon as we get our furbaby's health problems taken care of, I'll be attempting to install it w/o tearing out my rotator cuff again. Thank God the fan only weighs 13.7 pounds.
    Useful links below :
    also;
    For New Members....

Welcome to the forums!
    TO VISIT MY BLOGSPOT...
    LarryS1User is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:1935 Avatar
    --
    11-07-2013 06:34 PM
    That is Great !!! Can't wait on your review about the Ceiling fan.

I also recieved my HomeRight Heavy-Duty Paint sprayer 2 days ago. I'll give my review when I figured out what to paint due to the cold and damp weather that
    we are getting right now. Hopefully the weather (little warmer )will clear up here in a couple weeks.
    Larry... Give someone a SMILE today. They just might really need it.
    Rough RoosterUser is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:1794 Avatar
    --
    11-07-2013 07:03 PM

I just got "Auto-Wash Stick" to test, so StuffStuff is working.

Used it on windshield and back windows of my school bus. I think I will like it.

"May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be at your back"

Heart of Texas

H.R.

gerald greenUser is Offline Basic Poster Basic Poster Send Private Message Posts:160
    --
    11-09-2013 07:53 AM
    I'm also a life member( since 1994) and received 2 small items to test in all that time. Have not received anything since stuff stuff started.
    jerry(g.w.green)
    ChuckJUser is Offline Veteran Poster Veteran Poster Send Private Message Posts:1248 Avatar
    --
    11-11-2013 06:56 AM
    Jerry, Have you signed up at Stuff Stuff? And have you filled out your profiles? And have you chosen any products that you want to test? If you haven't done all 3 of these things, you have no possibility of getting anything. I am about to get my 3rd or 4th product to test since signing up with Stuff Stuff.
    Professional Jeweler - The guy who gets his hands dirty making jewelry, not the guy who wears a suit and sells jewelry. - - Washington, NJ
    gerald greenUser is Offline Basic Poster Basic Poster Send Private Message Posts:160
    --
    11-12-2013 02:17 PM
    Yes to all of those things. I've given up on stuff stuff and all similar cons.
    jerry(g.w.green)
    --
    11-13-2013 06:57 AM
    If you haven't been to StuffStuff within the past 1 or 2 months at most, all the products you applied for to test are probably done with testing. You have to go in monthly and apply for new products as they come in and the old products go out. Go to StuffStuff and mouse over your name in the upper right hand corner. Then click on Your Account Dashboard. It will show you all active products that you have applied to test. If there are no active products listed, there is nothing that will ever be sent to you. You will only be sent products from the list that you applied for. It is not like the old system where you signed up and got chosen to test any product that comes along. You only have the possibility to get a product you apply for. If you've given up on Stuff Stuff, that explains why you haven't gotten anything.
    --
    11-15-2013 06:56 AM
    After reading my last couple posts on this topic, it may seem like I am a huge supporter of Stuff Stuff. That is not entirely true. I am happy with the frequency of products sent to me to test. The product I am currently waiting for will be my 4th product since Stuff Stuff started. What I am not happy about is the point system. I am limited to testing level 1 or 2 products only because of my point total. I am not on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest so I can not get extra points for posting there. I have no interest in fishing or hunting so I can't get extra points for filling out those questionnaires. I could fill them out and lie about what kind of gun I don't actually have (just to get points), but that's not how I roll. So, I am stuck at a lower point total. I will never be able to test a ceiling fan or nice work boots like Dewey. But at least I do get to test something that I requested to test. I have gotten test products much more often than before Stuff Stuff. Previously, I went years between tests.
    --
    11-15-2013 10:52 AM
    Chuck, that's not entirely true, each time you test a product, if you report and fill in the review you get back the points you lost plus additional points. If you share your review here, you gain extra points should you link it on S2. You could start a blog just for your handyman related experiences and post your reviews on your blog, more bonus points, add photos of you using the product in all the reviews, more bonus points. If you choose not to use social media, that's fine, it will just mean it takes you a bit longer to bump up the line.
    Useful links below :
    also;
    For New Members....

Welcome to the forums!
    TO VISIT MY BLOGSPOT...
    --
    11-16-2013 06:46 AM
    Thanks for the info Dewey. I knew you got your points back after a review, but didn't know you actually got extra points. I thought if you lost 25 points, you got 25 points back. I did review my first test product here and tried to link it to S2, but it never happened (I didn't get extra points). They must have made improvements since then or something.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>